Ruhepool Berlin: A Japanese Bath








It was so cool sitting in these. I want one in my home ! 
100% sea salt as body scrub.
Ginger tea provided next to the bath tub.

A spa is considered something rather luxurious in my circles, because going to a spa is connected with a price range that we can, but not easily, afford. Unlike in Vietnam, where you can get massages and spa packages at as little as 20€. So it's not wonder that my friends and me, while in Vietnam, go to the spa and for massages all the time, while in Germany, spa and massages are subjects that never cross our minds. And after having stumbled upon the German blog I love spa, and going through her spa experiences in the capital city Berlin, I started wondering, why actually ? Why don't I treat myself for a massage and pure relaxation time once in a while, when I actually love love love getting massages and spa treatments like facials ? You are supposed to live your life doing whatever makes you feel good, and if some time off at the spa makes me feel good, isn't it worth a consideration ? If I just save one Euro a day, I can afford getting a professional massage once in two months. That is better than once a year. In Vietnam. Isn't it ?

Because I grew fond of that idea, I decided to become a more regular spa visitor. Thanks to Jenny from i love spa, who has tested most of the spas around Berlin and writes very generously about her experiences, I decided on Ruhepool Berlin. Ruhepool, because they have this treatment called a Japanese bathing ritual. The little Japan freak inside of me couldn't resist, I had to try it !

Ruhepool is located in Prenzlauer Berg, and looks nothing like a spa outside. It looks more like a hairdresser/interior shop, because its interior is really nice ! And they offer hair cuts as well. I made my reluctant boyfriend come with me, and at first it was really awkward. You get into a seperate room with two boxes of hot water, with a temperature of your choice, and the really nice receptionist explains everything to you in detail. And then she leaves, and it feels awkward. It's like going to the sauna for the first time. Getting naked somewhere, which is not your home. But eventually you get used to it. The water was freaking hot, even at the lowest temperature possible of 39 degrees. I sat in there and I was sweating. Sweating, drinking ginger water and playing around with the provided sea salt and bathing milk. We were supposed to stay in the water for half an hour but only endured fifteen minutes. Like sauna. Just that you are sitting in hot water instead. I felt like having run a marathon afterwards, and just laid on the daybed for the rest of the time, until we were called for our massages. Boyfriend doesn't like massages so he got a facial instead. All in all, I was pretty satisfied. I came out glowing and feeling very relaxed and all. I wouldn't do it again though. Because I don't think it's worth the money. The setting and the idea behind it is nice and all, but we didn't get rid of the feeling that it was just bathing after all. And for just bathing, I can also stay at home, you know. No next time for me, which doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy it. Just not worth my money. Try it, if you want to bath in a cool tub outside your home and get a massage afterwards though. It will make your skin feel fab !

Any of you guys having recommendations for me, which spa in Berlin I should visit the next time ? And maybe what treatment to get ? I can never decide.

Ruhepool
Winsstraße 69, Prenzlauer Berg, 10405 Berlin
+493041717374 
info@ruhepool-berlin.com
Tram: M2 Knaackstraße
Opening Hours: Mon - Sun 11am - 9pm

You have read this article beauty / berlin / julia / review with the title Ruhepool Berlin: A Japanese Bath. You can bookmark this page URL https://weddingdressnews.blogspot.com/2013/09/ruhepool-berlin-japanese-bath.html. Thanks!